The Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Cape Town invites you to join an intensive Bootcamp to the digital gateway to Africa. You will join a group of 10 innovative start and scale-ups who have been selected to participate in #cocreate2ACCELERATE.
Our common goal is to understand the opportunities in South Africa and what it takes to do business here. We will be participating in the Innovation Summit www.innovationsummit.co.za, one of Africa’s premier tech events. Joining this bootcamp will broaden your horizon and open a new world of possibilities for your company.
Cape Town is thé emerging hub for startups on the African continent and currently boasts the highest number of successful IT companies in Africa. Cape Town has several advantages over other African cities, which supports this entrepreneurial bloom:
- Four major and high quality Universities including UCT and Stellenbosch;
- Entrepreneurial Support initiatives including Bandwidth Barn, Silicon Cape and Workshop 17;
- A stable government in the Western Cape enables a good business climate;
- Wesgro and Greencape stimulate (green)economic initiative and growth in the Western Cape.
For Dutch companies specifically, Cape Town is an attractive city to expand business for numerous reasons:
- Time zone, which is the same for The Netherlands and South Africa enabling swift communication;
- English is spoken as the main language;
- Cheap Rand, quality labour is affordable and expenses low compared to Europe;
- Superb living and working environment in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
This bootcamp provides you with in-depth knowledge on the Cape Town startup ecosystem, as well as how to connect with this unique ecosystem.
Check the detailed preliminary program